Life Prizes Awards 2009-10
The 2nd Life Prizes Awards took place on January 22nd in Washington, D.C. This year’s well-deserving award winners included:
- Dr. Alveda King is the niece of the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. She has become one of the most important voices in fighting for the rights of unborn children.
- Kristan Hawkins is the Executive Director of the largest pro-life student group in the world, Students for Life of America.
- Marie Smith is the Founder and Director of the Parliamentary Network for Critical Issues, an international network of pro-life lawmakers working to advance a global respect for life through law and policy.
- As the Director of Federal Legislation for the National Right to Life Committee, Douglas Johnson has been the indispensable man in the fight for pro-life issues in Congress for the past 30 years.
- Jeanne Head is an experienced obstetric nurse, who has been serving as a volunteer in the pro-life movement since 1970.
- Bobby Schindler is the brother of Terri Schiavo. After Terri’s death, the Schindler family put their pain and grief into action and founded the Terri Schiavo Life and Hope Network.